Even though some of your favourite summer activities may be unattainable, there’s plenty of ways to adapt. Just because you can’t attend extravagant parties or go to crowded parks doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of the break! Check out this list of cheap (or free) and safe things to do this summer holiday.
A lot of outdoor activities haven’t changed much, aside from social distancing requirements. These are also some of the cheapest ways to enjoy the summer sun. The best thing about getting outside is that the sky is the limit!
- Go for a hike (while socially distancing!)
- Have a backyard scavenger hunt
- Camp at home (complete with stargazing and s’mores)
- Start gardening
- Go for a scenic drive
There’s nothing quite like a summer special, or eating outside under the stars. Get in your kitchen and perfect your favorite meal. You can also invite a few friends over and enjoy your meal over a fire pit (while social distancing).
- Have a barbecue
- Make your own ice cream or popsicles
- Have a living room picnic
- Make a delicious fruit pie (seasonal berries, anyone?)
- Try your hand at bartending and make some summer cocktails
Now is the perfect time to put a creative spin on your favourite activities! Instead of visiting an art gallery, create your own. There’s countless ways to change it up and make your endeavors more safe.
- Have a staycation at an Airbnb
- Learn a foreign language (tip: start with subtitles on your TV!)
- Make your own water park (think water balloons, sprinkler games, and slip ‘n slides)
- Get crazy with sidewalk chalk
- Create your own virtual book club